Monday, March 15, 2010

Yesterday

So pretty much it has been my turn to write for awhile and I have totally been neglecting this blog. I could just blame school but I know its a lame excuse so I won't.

I just wanted to quickly write and fill all of you in on a pretty sweet date I had about a month ago.

It was with a guy named Cameron. He is pretty cute. I didn't really know what to expect from him but it turned out a lot better than I hoped.

Cameron is a business major. I usually try to steer away from business majors because I find them to be extremely annoying know it alls who think they are going to make it big in the world. I just think they all need to have their heads deflated a bit is all. Cameron isn't like that though. He is a really good listener and he is one of those guys you feel like you can say anything to and he won't judge you. I think he is the peacemaker type because all of his roommates seem to respect him and his opinion and he is never in an argument with them.

Anyways, we decided to go out for a picnic because it was amazing weather and the snow was all cleared up. I haven't ever been on a picnic with a guy before so I was pretty stoked to see what it would be like. He showed up with a cute basket with everything inside and we walked to the park. We didn't hold hands but my hands brushed up against his a couple of times (in high hopes that he would catch a hint) and he didn't seem to notice. When we got to the park he set up a blanket and we sat down and ate.

He brought two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, pink lemonade, mini carrots, and two king sized Symphony bars for our lunch. I thought that it was a nice touch to throw in one of my favorite candy bars. After eating he handed me some gum and we laid on the grass looking up at the sky for awhile. We talked about a lot of things that I can't even remember. All I know is that I really liked this kid and I wouldn't mind if we kissed at all just because of how awesome he was. As we were laying there talking some clouds rolled in and it started to sprinkle. Cameron freaked out and started to apologize while he threw everything into the basket and I just sat there and laughed at the whole thing. By the time we got everything together it was pouring down rain. I told him it didn't matter and we just laughed. We put the blanket above our heads and started to walk briskly back to my apartment. As we were walking I told him I had always wanted to kiss in the rain because I never had before. I felt like an idiot for a minute because he stopped walking and just stared at me. And right as I was about to say that I didn't have to kiss him I was just stating a fact, he put down the basket, grabbed my waist, and kissed me.
Oh my heck it was a good kiss. I didn't care that it was our first date or that I was shivering or that cars were driving by and seeing us kiss, it was just like in a movie when something happens and you just know that it is something good. He stopped and put the blanket around me then walked with his arm around my waist the rest of the way home. At my door he pecked me and said he would definitely like to go out again and I said that would be great then I watched him run to his car and drive away.

It was a pretty good first date and we have had numerous others since then and even if I don't know if I am going to end up with this kid. I definitely know I like him a lot right now.

I just wish I could pull out a magic crystal ball and find out if he is the one. I am sick of all this pressure from my friends as to if I am going to marry him or not. I just think it is too premature to be thinking about marriage. It has only been a month. But who knows maybe I am just a naive girl who really should be thinking about marriage.
Rexi and I have promised each other that we would be better about writing on this blog. So hope to hear from one of us soon!
Peace out peeps!

6 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Wow...what a story! Good luck!

Aurora said...

Such a cute story! That really does sound like it came from a romantic comedy :)

Datin'Kait said...

I'm way jealous of your hot in the rain kiss.

But seriously girl, take your time getting to know him. Don't ruin what could be a fantastic thing by rushing into anything.

I'm all about the "all-seasons" principle. Someone needs to see me in all seasons to know that they want this for the rest of their eternal life. For example, he may kiss really well in the rain, but what if he's awful in the snow?

I jest, but still it's a good principle.

Anonymous said...

As fans of the picnic date, we too like to lay out and talk with our dates while looking up at the clouds. In fact, we like it so much that it's become the perfect setup for one of our all-time favorite kissing moves: the Sideways Spider-Man.

And Kait: It's not like we're stalking you or anything, although we do like your blog.

Lisa S said...

Don't second guess your feelings. Just enjoy dating and getting to know him. You will know if he is the one or not when the time is right. So don't look needy or in a rush to get married...they can sense that a mile away.

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .