Monday, October 19, 2009

Dukes and Knights


Rexi-
Well, I think I need we need an update on the dating scene. I never went on a date with Charles because he hasn't asked. (Maybe Duke told him to back off). But Duke did ask me out. I was feeling somewhat reluctant because I felt in the back of my brain that I was still using him to show Ken that I was dating other people...even if that means dating his roommate! (Call me evil!) But there was something I wasn't prepared for, I was actually looking forward for my date with Duke. The whole time during the date I was seriously having a blast and he was very charming. He would show a lot of affection physically, like randomly putting his arm around my waist or he would grab my hand. If no one knew who we were it kind of looked like we were in a relationship. But he was really funny. BUT.....It still bothered me because I seriously felt like he was a player. He sure acts like one, and Ken's warning (Ken said that Duke was a slut) kind of made me cautious towards Duke....very cautious. I thought by the end of the date he would try to kiss me, but he never did. I admit, I had a lot of respect for him for that one. Another thing that was a little awkward on the date was that Duke took me to his apartment and of course Ken was there sitting on the couch playing video games. He had that deer-in-the-head-lights-look when he saw me, but quickly shrugged it by saying, "oh hey, fancy seeing you hear" which really meant, "I can't believe, you are going out with my slutty roommate!"


But then I did a dirty thing, the next day I was feeling really sick (hopefully, it's not the Swine Flu!) so I canceled my date for that night (I won't give him a name because I'll'll probably never write about him, he's way too short). But then Duke called up and asked if I wanted to go on a drive and I said yes! But I felt justified because I was only going on a drive. I was sitting at home anyways. What's the difference if I sit on a couch or in a car?
This date he was definitely more touchy feely. He would randomly touch my leg because his hands were cold (his hands were actually really cold, if I didn't know any better I would have thought he was a vampire). We then would hold hands randomly. There were a couple of times where I really really really wanted to kiss him, but I already made up my mind before my date that I wasn't going to kiss him and I was going to stick to it. It turns out that he didn't even try. But most of all I loved the conversations we had. We talked a lot and I felt I got to know him even more. I actually forgot about Ken for a while. Duke then told me that he acts like a player in order to know a lot of girls and he doesn't want to get attached unless he knows the girls feels the same way about him. After talking to him even more I realized that he wasn't such a manwhore as I thought he was. Yes, I am sure he's had his days but he was actually sincere. My mind was kind of spinning. Last week I was annoyed with him and somewhat using him. Now I don't know what to think.


But I was glad I was at church the next day because it was a place where I didn't have to think about boys. Relief Society was great. Sunday school was wonderful too, but then Sacrament Meeting happened.......and out of everyone in my ward my hometeacher is speaking, Mr. Bruce Wayne! Ugh......why? I knew that all the girls were only looking up at him to see his pretty features. I of course was disgusted. If only those girls knew, how little of a personality this dark knight had. Ok, I admit that I was checking him out a little bit too. But I and all my roommates swear that he was looking at me the majority of the meeting. Oh well, I don't really know what he wants in life....


But I really feel like I need to tell Duke how I feel because I don't think I should date him. He's not the right guy for me, even if I do like being around him. I don't want to hurt him. He's a good guy.


I wonder what life would be like without men?

0 comments: