Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Three Amigos



-Rexi
You know, I thought that most guys talked to each other about their dates, but I guess I was wrong. This apartment is one exception. None of them knew they were asking out the same girl. Ken ended up asking me out on Friday night, Duke was asking me out for Saturday night, and Charles was asking me out for "sometime next week." WHAT WAS GOING ON? Was I a prize for some kind of game. I was so confused.


However, they are all very different. Duke is a real ladies man who's probably made out with a lot of girls, Ken is a likeable guy all around, and Will is a dancer (not gay).

By the way, I didn't go on a date with Ken Friday because I already had plans and I didn't go on a date with Charles Saturday because I was out of town. But out of all of them, Ken was the most confusing. I haven't talked to Ken in three weeks! And then all of a sudden he asks me out. I really can read guys pretty well, but I really don't know what he wants from me. (He's not gay by the way) We've gone on dates since January (without even holding hands) and we've kept in touch over the summer. And I feel when I am with him it's on his schedule. He asked me last minute on Friday, so I felt like I was the back up plan. I was so frustrated. Out of this apartment, I know Ken the most. So I decided to text him and this was our conversation.


REXI: Ok I really don't understand what's going on. Is this some kind of game between you three? I'm confused.

(It took him a while to resond)

KEN: Got your text. Who's you three?

REXI: Do you ever talk to your roommates?

KEN:Haha yeah why? Now I'm confused!

(Wow I was right, they don't talk to each other)

REXI: You Duke and Charles are asking me out and I just didn't want to be a part of some kind of game. That's all.

KEN: Haha really? That's crazy! I had no idea! I wasn't asking you out as much as just wanting to be friends. :)

(Ouch, that really hurt. He wants to be friends? This doesn't make sense. What guys pairs off with a girl and pays for a date if he wants to be friends. Unless we were just hanging out. I was mad at this point.)

REXI:Ok

KEN: Sorry to make you think something weird was going on! Did you go out with them or did they just ask you?

(At this point, I wanted to show him that I have been dating other guys, even his own roommates!)
REXI: I went to get a drink with Duke and he asked me out this Sat. Then dancing with Charles but we're doing something next week. I just didn't know what was going on.

KEN: Hmm weird. That's gross though. Duke is a slut who uses girls and Charles...I love him but he's just a goofy bloke. Don't waste your time with Duke though.

(Did he really just say that? It was kind of cute how he was warning me about Duke because that meaned he cared. (But I already knew Duke was a slut). But I was also furious that ken was telling me about what he thought about his roommates. Who does he think he is? It's like he doesn't want me to go out with them and yet he just wants to be 'friends' with me. I am not interested in Duke at all, but Charles is really nice but I probably wouldn't go anywhere with him. But I had to show Ken that I was looking at my options. The whole thing was Grrr!)

REXI: Wow well I don't know how to take that. Duke has been working out with me and helping me and Charles is cool. I don't think you should give me advice.

KEN: That's my opinion. Not my advice. You're free to do whatev :)

(At this point, I didn't know what to say. I was stuck. He was giving me the vibe that he didn't care what I did. Either he actually doesn't care what I do, or he's trying to hide his feelings from me. I just want to know what he wants. But it took me forever to figure out what to text next and then my phone started to buzz....)

KEN: Well nice talkin to you. Maybe I'll hear from you again next semester!

(What! He knows we haven't really been hanging out like we both thought we would. But he's been giving me the hints that he's interested in other girls. Why is he blaming this on me. I didn't go away. I'm the type of girl who encourages a guy by texting him or hanging out with him before devo, but he hasn't asked me to do anything with him. I'm not the type of girl to ask a guy out on a date. Call me old fashioned.)

REXI: What is that supposed to mean?

KEN: Just like we hang out one time and then i never hear from you after that.

(I'm not going to ask you out on a date! And you were completely giving me the cold shoulder at devo!)

REXI: I thought you were doing that to me. But can we talk about this later?

(I wanted to have this conversation in person, not through text)

KEN: Sure thing. I'm not mad or anything just so you know :)

(I'm mad!)

REXI: Ok, well I hope you have a nice day.

So now, I don't know what to do about the whole thing. I'm not sure if Ken will tell Duke and Charles that they've all been asking out the same girl or if Ken will keep this his secret. I really just want to tell Ken upfront. "What do you want from me? Do you want to be friends or something more? I'm not looking for a relationship or anything, but I just want to know what you are thinking?!?!" I want to go on a date with Duke just to make Ken jealous. But I'm not sure if that will even make him jealous cause he just wants to be 'friends.' I just don't know what type of guy would ask out a girl if he wasn't interested in her. That's how it works right?

But, this should be an interesting week. We'll see how the dates go.

Heck, for all I know the three amigos could just all back out!


1 comments:

Ellie said...

lol that's brilliant! You could have gone on a gang date...