Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Noah

I seem to have this problem. I don't know exactly how to explain it. It pretty much just has to do with being totally ridiculous in front of boys that I find attractive. I either shy away and look like a complete idiot when I talk to them, or I become this total jerk and try to be sarcastic but it doesn't work. I don't know what to do!?

I pretty much have a crush on the Elders Quorum President. (I know that I look like a typical Mormon girl chasing after the calling, but I promise I am NOT like that...) His name is Noah and he is so fine. He is actually really nice. When I first met him I thought that there would be no way in heck that he would ever even look in my direction, but recent events have led me to believe otherwise.

Every Monday/Wednesday/Friday I have a class right after him. When I realized this I knew that it was a perfect way to get him to recognize me. So normally after that class when he comes out I am standing there and I always say hi to him. He has always said it back and then I would just go along with my day. Well recently I have been running into him more often around campus. Every time this happens he sees me first and says hi.
I told my roommates about this happening and how I really wanted to have an actual conversation with him, but I was way nervous to just stop him and try to bring up conversation. Rexi told me to just ask him where he was going and then to bring up his major and go from there. But I was still scared.
Well, on Mondy I had it all planned in my head. I was going to be waiting outside of the class again and I was going to take Rexi's advice and try to bring up random conversation...but I didn't end up having to.
I was really early to that class, so I pulled out the book I am reading (The Princess Bride for those who are wondering) and I started to get really into it and didn't realize that classes were getting out. But I felt someone walking towards me and slowing down so I looked up and there was Noah!! Standing right in front of me, as if he was waiting for me to finish so he could talk to me. My heart was freaking out. I probably looked like a total retard because I was smiling so big. But he started to ask me questions and I answered them all and asked him some as well...but my head was not in the conversation at all. I was so happy he was talking to me I kept thinking about how awkward I must've looked just standing there, or how I needed to stop smiling, and how I should make more eye contact, and pretty much after he left I was on cloud 9.

Monday just flew. I kept thinking about how he had stopped and started to talk to me, and how I really just wanted to have more opportunities to talk to him and get to know him, and then...well you know how minds work...I just kept getting carried away in the daydreams.

But, I want things to move faster with Noah and I don't know how to do that without looking like a freak of nature. I don't want to seem desperate. I don't want to look like a stalker. I don't want him to get any bad idea of me! I just want us to talk more!! Gahh! What should I do?? At the rate we are going right now, he won't ask me on a date until December!! Come on!

I guess I am just going to have to try to sit next to him at Church or something...hmm any ideas?

-Erica

1 comments:

Ryan Hadlock said...

I haven't posted on your blog before, so thanks for having me, it's fun. ;-)

Just one question: WHY do you want things to go faster? What is the hurry? If he is into you, he will ask you out. Whether it's today or next week shouldn't make any difference to you. IMHO :-)

Good luck!!!