Friday, September 25, 2009

Minesweeper

Short. Tall. There is a difference right? Well, I guess no according to about half of the population of people in my ward.

A story for you:

The first Sunday in my new singles ward I was asked to teach Sunday School (luckily not as a calling, just as a one time thing). I really didn't want to, but I didn't want to let my new Bishop down and I knew it would be a great way to meet new people (even though I didn't want to admit that to Rexi...she could totally see through me though). So I slaved away all day Saturday putting together a lesson that I thought would be adequate.
On Sunday I was way nervous. I went to church dreading it, but excited all the same. I go into the Sunday School room and start to set up and nobody was really in the room with me except my roommates. Then all of a sudden a whole group of boys walk in. I am talking HUGE there were seriously like 10 guys to all of the girls in the room. I even said something out loud about there being a lot of boys. But anyways I did a quick survey of all of those boys and I don't know what it is about men in a suit, but they always will look better than when you see them in real life. So I was thinking that all of these boys were really cute.
I teach my lesson. It went really well, everyone commented and I didn't even finish everything I had prepared. I thought that was a success in and of itself. Afterwards some of the guys came up to introduce themselves and tell me that I did a good job. I was flattered and started to really judge whether I should start going for these guys. I noticed that there were a lot of them that were shorter than me. I also noticed that there were a lot that were around my same height and then there were a select few who looked tall.
Now I don't want to sound like a total judgmental girl who only cares about height and looks, but I am telling you all right now that it just matters to me because I happen to be tall. And the looks part is just a fact of life. Everyone has to be attracted to someone else before anything can happen between them.
The next day at FHE I couldn't remember who I had already met so I started to introduce myself to people again. I decided to eat my pizza with a group of boys and Rexi joined me. These guys weren't bad looking. They were all really nice, but the one who I thought was the hottest was short. (His name was Cody) I was so mad but I still stayed and talked to them and then by the end of the night we had all exchanged numbers and went on our seperate ways.
Well about two days later I see Cody and one of his roommates (Joe) and they were just passing by my apartment. Our door was open so they stopped and said hey and then left. Then Cody kept coming back. It was like clockwork. Every 10 mins Cody would walk in the door. We ended up talking for a long time and then he finally left for good. I didn't think anything of it (he is short after all) but my roommates all attacked me asking me if I thought he was cute and all of that other girly jazz. They then told me that they all thought he was totally into me and that he probably wanted to have my babies. At that point in the conversation I just left because I couldn't take it anymore.
Well, I get on facebook and found Cody so I added him along with a bunch of the new people I had met and within an hour I got a text from him saying that he didn't want to sound like a stalker but he was looking at my fb and he wanted to know how hiking was (I had gone hiking the day before). We started texting and we texted for a couple of hours until I told him I had to go finish homework and go to bed.
That next weekend we hung out he came over with his roommate and we all chilled and played games and had a lot of fun getting to know eachother but I seriously felt like we were "just friends". All of my roommates think differently.

So here is my delima. I really do think Cody is attractive. The only thing holding me back is that he is short. Isn't it awkward for him? Like in all honesty he has to look up at me. I don't know how guys can deal with that, but it doesn't work for me sadly.

help.

-Erica

2 comments:

Default said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND IT!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyss said...

Oh my GOSH!! I totally understand! I am tall too! I hate it when short boys like me. I feel so bad!