Friday, September 25, 2009

Flashback



Rexi

Here's a little bit of a flashback. Last week I went on a date with a guy that has always been in the back of my mind. Ken is probably the most confusing guy I have ever met. He is seriously breaking all the rules when it comes to how "guys hint." It's like I'm trying to read a girl. He's so complex.

Most of the time guys in general are completely transparent. I can see right through them. I can tell if they like me, I can tell if they like Erica, and I can tell if they're hungry and just want to get fed. They're like pets in a way. My dog back at home when he wants to go outside will scratch the door and when he wants food he'll rest his head on my lap. Well, this guy is no dog.

Ken is a very confident guy who attracts people in general. He knows everyone by name and he believes in connections with people. He's pretty deep. As for looks, the best way to describe him would be "an all american boy." He's very good looking, but he wouldn't be the first guy I would notice if I walked into a room full of guys. I didn't really notice any amazing physical features at first, but now that I've known him for a while, he's very muscular. Broad shoulders....yum. Not very tall though. When he looks at you it feels like you are the only person in the room. He just has a very charming personality and it's killing me.

We dated a lot last year and we never made it as far as holding hands or cuddling. But I was fine with that. But then we went our separate ways. I worked in the summer while he was in Connecticut. We kept in touch and now we're both back to school. I was very anxious to go on this date. The problem is that I can't read him at all. I can usually tell how a guy feels towards me on a date. It was like I was Edward and he was Bella and I was frustrated because I couldn't read his mind and I'm not even a Twilight fan!

He'll text me once in a while, or he'll say things like, "Rexi, you should drop that class and take this one with me." It's like he wants me to chase him (I've never been the one to chase boys, I get them to chase me). He's like the song "Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry. He'll ask me out and then I won't here from him and then out of no where he'll text me and ask me out again. He'll also say things like, "I like talking to you," or "Rexi, I like being around you." Sometimes I don't know if he wants to be friends or something more. If he's going to be my friend, I'm going to treat him like a buddy. If he wants to be something more than I'm going to raise my flirtation levels.

Erika can't stand Ken. She thinks the reason why I'm always drawn to him is because he hasn't fallen to my feet. I think she has a point. 99% of the guys I go on dates with fall for me and then I have to give them the "speech." (I'll tell you about the speech in another post, so you'll have to keep on reading) Ken is more attractive to me because he's unpredictable and he's something that I might not be able to have and I think that's why he's driving me crazy. I just need to go back to guys like Ben who are simple and if they like me they'll tell me up front and show me by giving me flowers. By the way, I sound like I'm high maitenance, but I'm not.

Ken had better tell me what he wants from me or I'm just going to start ignoring him. Sad, but true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. I'm surprised though that he hasn't tried to makeout with you. Or has he? I would ditch him.

-John the bomb

Lyss said...

I think you should stop going after him. He sounds really dumb.